The FlashFold Automated Barrier Door by Rite-Hite Machine Guarding Products is a unique vertical rising automated barrier door designed for safeguarding of machinery in applications where overhead crane or fork lift loading/unloading of the work cell is necessary. An alternative to light curtains or area scanners, the FlashFold Automated Barrier Door reduces the footprint of the guarding system and provides additional protection from application driven hazards. The FlashFold's versatile design allows the door to rise from the bottom up, so there is no overhead obstructions. Coupled with the optional reversing edge and safety interlock switches, with safety rated controls capable of up to Cat 4 (per EN954-1) and PLe (per EN ISO 13849-1), when integrated properly, you have an ideal safety system.
Features & Benefits
- Protects operators from application driven hazards while restricting access from machine/robot operation both physically and electronically with optional safety rated switches and controls.
- Optional switches/controls capable of reaching Cat 4 (per 954-1), PLe (per ENISO 13489-1) and/or SIL 3 (per EN62061) when integrated properly.
- GUARDS your machinery and PROTECTS your employees.
- CONTAINS application driven hazards including weld flash/sparks/smoke, mist, flying debris and other exposure.
- Reduces footprint of manufacturing cell by locating closer to hazard
- SEE DISTANCE FORMULA IN TECH INFO SECTION. EN ISO 13857 Safety of machinery - Safe distances to prevent hazard zones being reached by upper/lower limbs and EN ISO 13855 Safety of machinery - Position of safeguards with respect to the approach speeds of parts of the body.
- Increases Productivity! Door provides clear visual that operator should be on task.
- Proven, Safe, Reliable Design
- Rugged Construction
- Optional Control Box provides open-close-stop pushbuttons, motor starter/transformer and relays.
Limited one year warranty SOP
- Manufactured under ISO 9001 Specifications
- Custom Manufactured to exact size requirements
- HD Motor/Brake/Gear box suited for millions of cycles
- Limit Switch provides infinite door open/close positions
- Optional STOPPING P.E.'s
- Optional window allows you to monitor process
- Patented Switch design integrated into curtain guide
- Curtain Material Choices resists application driven hazards
- Barrier Bars sewn into curtain material to provide barrier protection and retain curtain in guides
- Unique BOTTOM-UP operation - Industries ONLY up-acting machine guarding door.
- No overhead obstructions allows for clear over-head crane loading and unloading.
Manufactured under ISO 9001 Specifications
SIZE: Minimum: 2'-0"W x 2'-0"H, Maximum: 16'-0"W x 9'-0"H
If larger sizes are required please contact Rite-Hite Machine Guarding
SPEED: 24" per second operation
CURTAIN MATERIAL: Standard: 14 oz. blue Weldtex™ CFM approved) with optional 21" high, full-width vision panel (PVC Meets ANSI F2.3M:2001 performance standards for welding screens and ANSI/NFPA 710 Flame resistance).
Multiple colors available upon request
CURTAIN GUIDES: 4" x 4" Custom aluminum extrusion posts with T-slot with 3/16" x 1-1/2" x 2" aluminum angle guides.
STORAGE BASKET: 16" High x 6" Deep x unit width storage basket for curtain storage in open position
MOUNTING BRACKETS: Front/back or side mounting brackets
GEAR MOTOR: 3 phase, 1 H.P. NORD Motor/Brake Assembly with hand release lever, TEFC, 208/230, 460/480, 575V driving 1000 # Tensile strength nylon belt drive and idle belt configuration
SENSING EDGE: Optional: Electric edge ribbon switch 9/16" wide x 5/32" high, 8 oz (2 N) activation force stops curtain upon contact
Optional: reflective photo eye stopping reversing edge
RELAY CONTROL BOX: Optional: STD 16" x 14" x 8.5" Open/Stop/Close Pushbutton in NEMA 4X enclosure Certified to UL508 and cUL508A (CSA) specifications.
CURTAIN RETENTION: Barrier Bars sewn into curtain material to provide barrier protection and retain curtain in guides
SAFETY FEATURES: Multiple reversing/stopping edge options protects personnel and property, Gravity fed down operation - not powered down, Can conform to Category 4 perEN954.1 Specifications, Ple in accordance with EN ISO 13849-1 and SIL3 perEN 62061 safety rated control system when integrated properly.
WARRANTY: Limited 1-year parts
- Control Box Layout - FlashFold Model 1390
- Field Wiring Diagram - FlashFold Model 1390
- Motor Break Schematic - FlashFold Model 1390
- Wiring Diagram - FlashFold Model 1390