Frommelt Safety introduces the Guardian Defender™, the industry's most effective machine guarding device yet. Designed with the latest regulations and most demanding manufacturing process in mind, the Guardian Defender is the ideal device for safeguarding machinery in many manufacturing environments. Anywhere that a machine operator interfaces with a machine, robot or process is an ideal application for the Guardian Defender.
Visibly safer than light curtains, the Guardian Defender combines safety interlock switches/controls capable of achieving up to PLe, Category 4 level safety with a movable physical barrier restricting access to dangerous machine movement while at the same time containing process driving hazards such as weld flash/sparks, flying debris, mist, spray and other containment and exposures.
Features & Benefits
- Protects operators from application driven hazards while restricting access from machine/robot operation both physically and electronically with optional safety rated switches and controls.
- Switches/controls capable of reaching Cat 4 (per 954-1), PLe (per ENISO 13489-1) and/or SIL 3 (per EN62061) when integrated properly.
- CONTAINS application driven hazards including weld flash/sparks/smoke, mist, flying debris and other exposure.
- Reduces footprint of manufacturing cell by locating closer to hazard.
- GUARDS your machinery and PROTECTS your employees.
- Armorplex™ Curtain Material: Durable, Resilient 40oz flame resistant (NFPA 701) high tensile ASTM tested black curtain material.
- Multiple motor positions to best fit your application
- See safety distance formula information here. EN ISO 13857 Safety of machinery - Safe distances to prevent hazard zones being reached by upper/lower limbs and EN ISO 13855 Safety of machinery - Position of safeguards with respect to the approach speeds of parts of the body.
- Increases Productivity! Door provides clear visual that operator should be on task.
- Proven, Safe, Reliable Design
- Rugged Construction
- Optional control boxes include: Full Open-Close-Stop Push Button Relay Control Box. Patented i-COMM™ Digital Communication Control Box and Plug-N-Play Integrator Control Box.
- Limited one year warranty SOP
- Manufactured under ISO 9001 Specifications
- Custom Manufactured to exact size requirements
- HD Motor/Brake/Gear box suited for millions of cycles
- Limit Switch provides infinite door open/close positions
- Optional STOPPING photo-eye strip
- Soft Bottom Edge - Gravity down operation
- Patented Switch design integrated into curtain guide
- Automated to the process to reduce operator fatigue
- Fully Sealed Barrier Tabs prevent access to hazard and act as barrier with 250# tear out strength
- Easy Installation with Minimal Components
SIZE: Max 16’ x 16’ Minimum 2’ x 3’.
If larger sizes are required please contact Frommelt Safety
STANDARD SPEED: Up to 60” per second operation.
Alternate fixed speeds available upon request
VARIABLE FREQUENCY DRIVE SPECIFICATINS: Greater control of speed, smoother operation, and shorter cycle times. Multiple speed open and close rates
CURTAIN MATERIAL: Armorplex™ 40 Oz. Vinyl coated polyester flame resistant (NFPA 701 Small Scale) high tensile ASTM tested black curtain material 18” x 18” PVC framed window in multiple color availability.
CURTAIN RETENTION: Fully Sealed UHMW Barrier Tabs™
ROTARY CAM LIMIT SWITCH CHARACTERISTICS: 25:1 ratio. W/ Auxiliary N.O. Contacts for door position notification.
ROLLER TUBE: 4” OD 11 Gauge roller tube
SAFETY SWITCH SPECS: 8 Switch types to choose from with 3 mounting location options. Capable of achieving up to Cat 4 per EN 954-1, PL e Per EN ISO 13849-1, SIL 3 per EN 62061
GUIDE/SUPPORT: All steel 3/16” wall construction 3” x 2¾" with optional 1¾, 11 Gauge box frame Heavy Duty mounting rail for added rigidity. Welded ½" thick 8“x 8” base plate with multiple guide location configurations.
HEADER ASSEMBLY DETAILS: Fully shrouded 1- ¼” tubular steel ladder style design with curtain pre-rolled on 4” OD 11 Gauge roller tube
MOTOR: 1 HP Nord Motor Assembly with 20 N*m Precima brake with lockable hand release lever and corrosion protection, TEFC 208, 230, 400 (50 Hz) 460 and 575 V 60 Hz. IP 55 Enclosure rating, UL and CSA listed. NEMA 56C output. Multiple motor locations and orientations.
GEAR BOX: Worm Gear reducer 10:1 ratio. Optional helical inline drive.
ENCODER Specifications: Magnetic absolute multi-turn, 4096 PPR with 8192 turns.
I-COMM Specifications: Controls operation of door and communicates with VFD and Encoder for more precise control. Microprocessor, control configurable inputs and outputs, menu driven with LCD display.
CYCLES: Continuous Duty design for millions of cycles
SPEED: 40” per second standard speed.
RELAY CONTROL BOX: Control boxes include: Full Open-Close-Stop Push Button Relay Control Box. Patented i-COMM™ Digital Communication Control Box and Plug-N-Play Integrator Control Box.
CURTAIN RETENTION: 450 lbs. tear-out force
PHOTO EYE STRIP: 1020 mm active height with 92mm channel spacing with advance automatic signal tracking ensures easy onsite set-up. Transmitter and receiver detectors are optically synchronized. May be wired control reliable with Feature Rich Controls. STOP the door only, will not Reverse.
SAFETY FEATURES: Soft Bottom Edge (SBE) technology protects personnel and property, Gravity fed down operation - not powered down
WARRANTY:Limited 1-year parts
- Architectural Drawing - Guardian Defender Chain & Sprocket
- Architectural Drawing - Guardian Defender pg 1
- Architectural Drawing - Guardian Defender pg 2