The PowerShield Automated Safety Curtain is designed to improve safety and reduce or eliminate process driven hazards in manufacturing applications. The PowerShield industrial curtain walls can be used in conjunction with light curtains, area scanners or safety mats by providing separation and containment of process driven hazards. The roll-up curtain design allows for overhead storage of curtain when not in place.
Features & Benefits
- Can be used in conjunction with Light Curtains, Area Scanners and Safety Mats to reduce/eliminate secondary hazards from the process.
- Automated to the process to reduce operator fatigue
- INCREASES PRODUCTIVITY! Door provides clear visual that operator should be on task
- CONTAINS application driven hazards including weld flash/sparks/smoke, mist, flying debris and other exposure.
- GUARDS your machinery and PROTECTS your employees.
- Proven, Safe, Reliable Design
- Rugged Construction
- Custom Manufactured to exact size requirements
- Optional Control Box/Junction Box is simple
- Limited one year warranty SOP.
- Protects operators from application driven hazards while restricting access from machine/robot operation both physically and electronically with optional safety rated switches and controls.
- Curtain Material Choices resists application driven hazards
- Limit Switch provides infinite door open/close positions
- Optional window allows you to monitor process
- Soft Bottom Edge - Gravity down
- Manufactured under ISO 9001 Specifications
SIZE: Minimum: 2'-2"W x 8'-0"H, Maximum: 12'-6"W x 12'-0"H
If Larger size is required please contact Rite-Hite Machine Guarding
SPEED: 30" per second operation
Other fixed speeds available upon request
CURTAIN MATERIAL: Standard 50 oz. black Armorpleat™ (CFM approved) with optional 21" high, full-width vision panel (PVC Meets ANSI F2.3M:2001 performance standards for welding screens and ANSI/NFPA 710 Flame resistance).
Multiple colors available upon request
ROLLER TUBE: 4" diameter steel tube
VERTICAL SUPPORTS: Optional 14 Gauge Floor standing Supports w/base Plate
HEADER MATERIAL: 8" x 2" x 11-1/2 lbs. c-channel
MOTOR: 3 phase, 1 H.P. NORD Motor/Brake Assembly with hand release lever , TEFC, 208/230, 460/480, 575V.
GEAR BOX: Worm gear reducer, 15:1 ratio
CYCLES: Near Continuous Duty design for millions of cycles
RELAY CONTROL BOX: Optional: STD 16" x 14" x 8.5" Open/Stop/Close Pushbuttonin NEMA 4X enclosure Certified to UL508 and cUL508A (CSA) specifications.
SAFETY FEATURES: Soft Bottom Edge (SBE) technology protects personnel and property,
Gravity fed down operation - not powered down, reduces operator fatigue by automating process, contains and guards operator from application driven hazards.
WARRANTY: Limited 1-year parts