The Verti-Guard is the ideal machine guarding solution for single or double robotic cells, part assembly, and conveyor openings. The vertically rising system allows for overhead crane loading and provides safety to the operator from weld flash and flying debris. An alternative to light curtains or area scanners, the Verti-Guard Automated Barrier Door reduces the footprint of the machinery safety system and provides additional protection from application driven hazards. The low profile design helps prevent back injuries with minimal reach-in required to load parts. And, the simple pneumatic operation helps increase productivity.
Features & Benefits
- Protects operators from application driven hazards while restricting access from machine/robot operation both physically and electronically with optional safety rated switches and controls.
- Optional Cat. 4, PLe, SIL 3 switches and controls per EN 954.1, EN ISO 13849-1 per EN 62061 Specifications.
- GUARDS your machinery and PROTECTS your employees.
- CONTAINS application driven hazards including weld flash/sparks/smoke, mist, flying debris and other exposure.
- Reduces footprint of manufacturing cell by locating closer to hazard
- SEE DISTANCE FORMULA IN TECH INFO SECTION. EN ISO 13857 Safety of machinery - Safe distances to prevent hazard zones being reached by upper/lower limbs and EN ISO 13855 Safety of machinery - Position of safeguards with respect to the approach speeds of parts of the body.
- Increases Productivity! Door provides clear visual that operator should be on task.
- Proven, Safe, Reliable Design
- Rugged Construction
- Optional Control Box is simple
- Limited one year warranty SOP
- Manufactured under ISO 9001 Specifications
- Industries #1 Pneumatically Operated Machine Guarding Door
- Comes Fully Assembled
- Multiple Panel Material Choices resists application driven hazards
- Pneumatic Cylinder suited for millions of cycles
- Easy Installation - Plug And Play
- Fully Sealed side frames and panel design prevent access to hazard and act as barrier
SIZE: Minimum: 1'-0"W x 2'-2"H, Maximum: 8'W x 7'H
If larger sizes are required please contact Rite-Hite Machine Guarding
SPEED: Adjustable, air pressure controlled up to 24" per second Operating Pressure between 60 and 90 Psi
PANEL MATERIAL: Sliding Panel: 1/4" black Lexan™ Clear Polycarbonate or brushed galvanized sheet metal
Lower Panel: 1/4" black Lexan™ or brushed galvanized sheet metal
Fully enclosed rear panel: Brushed Galvanized sheet metal protects cylinder rod.
PNEUMATIC CYLINDER: 2" Bore, double acting, double cushioned
SIDE FRAME MATERIAL: 1-1/2" x 2-3/8" custom aluminum extrusion w/T-slots
FRAME MATERIAL: All aluminum construction
LEAN BAR: Allows for easy reach in to load/unload parts
VISION PANEL: Optional View Port window uses standard welding lens insert for welding applications.
MOUNTING STYLES: Standard: Face/in jamb mount
Optional: Side floor mount; front/back mount
SAFETY FEATURES: Cylinder release down operation - not powered down, Can conform to Category 4 perEN954.1 Specifications, PLe in accordance with EN ISO 13849-1 and SIL3 per EN 62061 safety rated control system when integrated properly.
CONTROLS: Standard: Junction box, Size: 10-1/2" x 8-1/2" x 6-1/4", 24V DC 4-way control valve(optional 110V AC) NEMA 4X Enclosure
Optional: Control box, Size: 10-1/2" x 8-1/2" x 6-1/4", 110V AC with open, stop, and close pushbuttons with 110V AC 4-way control valve NEMA 4X Enclosure
WARRANTY: Limited 1-year parts